Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Eventful Week

Just a little over a week has past since Ryan and I got engaged. A LOT has happened in such a short time! We have set a date (May 2, 2009), chosen our rehersal, wedding and reception site (ok that was an easy one! His parents house), I got my dress, my bridesmaids have chosen the dresses they want, got the best wedding planner, booked a photographer and set up meetings to talk with florists and I am calling tomorrow to set up a meeting with the cake people. Whew! This wedding planning business is harder than I thought! I couldn't have done any of it without all the help from everyone! I hate making all these hard decisions so I left the dresses up to the bridesmaids and let them get their own dresses! After all, they are the ones that are going to be wearing it, not me! Now all I have to do is get Ryan to decide what he wants to wear!
Poor thing, he is taking it all in stride and being wonderful about listening to all my wedding talk and not getting upset with me. He is the absolute best! He does however give me some of the funniest answers when I ask him about things for the wedding. I think I came close to getting in trouble this weekend. I drove up to the hunting cabin and saturday we were sitting around the camp fire and I broke out my "wedding bag" as he calls it and started asking him questions! He loves to give me a hard time about it but he knows I just want it to be a FUN day! I want to get all this planning over with so we can relax and have fun! We are so excited! I saw an article in a magazine from this lady that had been doing wedding planning for years and her main piece of advice is to plan a wedding that tells the guest exactly who you are. She made the point that good planned wedding can be beautiful but a wedding that is done specifically with your likes and dislikes in mind will have guests saying, that is exactly what we would have imagined them doing. I want a wedding like that! Dont get worried, no camoflage in the picture...yet!

No comments: